Bootstrap Carousel

Featured Photo


A special employment that aims to help poor but deserving students or dropouts purse their education by encouraging their employment during summer vacations while providing them income to finance/augment/subsidize their studies.


The Special Program for the Employment of Students(SPES) is an employment bridging program during Summer or Christmas Vacation that aims to augment the family's income of poor but deserving students, OSY or dependents of displaced workers who intend to finish their education.


- At least 15 but not more than 30 years of age.

- Students must have obtained at least average passing grade during the last semester/school year attended. For OSY, they must be duly certified as OSY.

- Combined net income after tax of parents including his/her own income does not exceed the regional poverty threshold.


- Dully-accomplished SPES Application Form (SPES Form 2)

- Copy of birth certificate or any official document showing the student/OSY'S date of birth

- Copy of the parents' latest income tax return (ITR) or Cert. of Tax Exemption (CTE) issued by the BIR: OR.

- Certificate of Low Income OR Certificate of Indigent issued by barangay or SWDO.

- Average passing grade as indicated in Form 138/report card/class: OR.

- Certification by the school registrar as to passing grade

- For OSY, Certification as OSY issued by the Barangay or the City/Municipality/Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (SWDO) where the OSY Resides


1. The student shall be paid in the form of cash. Except for low income LGU's, the employer shall shoulder 60% of the applicable minimum wage or hiring rate, while the remaining 40% shall be paid by DOLE

2. SPES beneficiaries either working in private/public establishments, are entitled to an insurance coverage for a period of one year.